Sunday, August 22, 2010

Welcome Home Zack

He is so cute and we love him so much!
Keegan sits and watches Zack all the time. He loves to stay by me and Zack why Dad and Ayden are playing. He asks lots of questions and wants to be really helpful.




Ayden watching Zack for me before he went to church. Zack was laying in the sun because he is looking a bit yellow.



Ayden Keegan and Grandma came to see Zack.




Dad holding Zack in the Nicu. He wasn't hooked to anything, just being monitored.
Right after he was born he went to the nicu for about 6 hours and then came upstairs.

He was born Wednesday the 18th at 3:33 he weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and is 19 inches long.
Tuesday afternoon I went to the Dr. for my 36 week appointment. I had been nesting pretty much all week but expected that I would not be dialated at all since I really hadn't been feeling much. The Dr. told me that I was dialated and that the baby could come at any time so to go home and take it easy. I went home and we went to my parents house. I just sat and watched as Kris picked a lot of corn and the boys caught grasshopers. I started cramping and feeling uncomfortable on our way home at about 6:00. My cramping started to get a little worse so I called my Dr. to see what I should do. He told me to go to the hospital and then they would try to stop contractions if I were having them. When I got to the hospital after Kris's mom came and stayed with the kids I was cramping a little worse. When they hooked me up to the monitors I was having regular contractions and dialated further than I was at my dr.s appointment. She gave me some medicine to stop the contractions and then checked me after the hour when the medcine was suppose to stop working. My contractions were irregular and I was dialated to a five. I didn't change for the next little while, but couldn't sleep. I was getting different answers from my nurses. Some would say we will just send you home if you don't change. Others said I might have to go to the floor, but my dr. wouldn't dare send me home. One nurse said if I got an epidural they could take it out and send me home. I wasn't in any pain, but I was tired and nervous and couldn't sleep much. Kris however fell asleep with the T.V. blaring. I tried to wake him up, called him, and finally threw a sucker at him which just happened to hit him in the face (Sorry) I had allready taken an ambien and been given some phentynol and he was out and I couldn't sleep. I wanted to talk to him and tell him to turn off the tv, but instead he just unwrapped the sucker and stuck it in his mouth. I did sleep from about 2:30 until 4 or so. I still just had irregular contractions and no pain so I thought for sure I would go home. The nurse came in at about 8:30 and told me the Dr. wouldn't send me home but wanted me to get up and walk around and would come up at about 9 to check me. I made one walk around the hall and felt great. I was sure I would end up going home. He came and checked me and I was at a 6 so he said I could get an epidural nap for a few hours and he would break my water around lunch time. I napped for about and hour, got my epidural and he came in at 12:30. Zack was born 3 hours later. He needed a little help breathing at first but not for long. He has blonde hair and looks a little like both of his brothers. He never cried much when he was born or why he was in the hospital. This made the nurses a bit nervous but all of his vitals were great and we just got used to him not crying when people proded him. My recovery has been awesome this time around. I have not said no to any offer on medications and feel great.
Ayden and Keegan came to see Zack but were unable to hold him the first night. They loved the transformers he gave them. They have been great brothers. Keegan loves to ask about his brother and talk to him. Ayden fed him his bottle today and wanted to do it all by himself.

Kris has been wonderful. He has cleaned, played with boys, set up meals with the ward, and helped me so much. I think we have both been a little stressed since everyone has told us three is a killer, but so far so good. We will see what happens when Kris goes back to work.

6 comments:

Megan Maughan said...

Zack is so precious! We love him so much already! I'm glad all of you are doing good =) It makes me so anxious to meet our little guy =) Let us know if you need anything!

RoBiN said...

Congrats! We're soo happy for you! Good thing for this blog or we wouldn't keep up on your happenings! Let us know if we can do anything for you! Love ya!

Lesa said...

Congrats! He is so adorable! I am glad that he is doing well and that you are too!

Sugar Jars said...

congrats on having your baby(I am so jealous)!! He is cute and I like the name! We miss you at work, but I am glad that everything went good in your delivery. Hope to see the little guy sometime.


Alisa

Jeni G said...

Hey Kofs! It's been awhile and we thought we'd see what your up to. A baby! Hurray! Congratulations.

The Jensen Family said...

Congrats you guys! Three boys...so much fun!!