I decided enough was enough with the binky. I was getting tired of having to find it during the day and getting tired of Keegan whining for it constantly. I was also getting worried that keegan would try to steal the new babies binky if we couldn't find his. I got some advice from friends at work and came home snipped the end of the binky off and told Keegan it broke. I felt so bad for the first couple of nights, but would not give in. Every time he asked for his binky I would give it to him and say sorry its broken. He eventually would get mad and throw it when I gave it to him. It only took a couple of days of him asking for it and he stopped. He asks for it every once in a while, but can be consoled with other things now. He is talking a lot more. He has been whining a lot less. When he gets upset it takes a little longer to calm him down, and nap and bed time have been a little bit of a struggle, but ot nearly as much as I thought they would have been. If I would have known it would be this easy we would have done it months ago.
The night he lost his binky he gained three woof woofs. He came up with three imaginary dogs that he plays with, feeds, and takes with him everywhere. It is so funny. They don't have names, just big woof woof, medium woof woof and tiny woof woof. They live in the drawer in the kitchen table most of the time, but are with him a lot too. He puts them in and out of his pockets and feeds them regularly. Funny Kid- I am glad that he found something to console him besides a binky.
And then there are the Stitches or as Keegan calls them "Witches". The thing that made mom give in and give him his binky one last time. He hardly used his binky and the nurse kept puting it in his mouth but I couldn't deny him of it. Wednesday night after a long day at work I came home to dinner :) thanks to my awesome husband! We ate and decided to take some corn to Kris's parents. We were trying to get the boys out to the car. Keegan wasn't wanting to come and climbed up onto our ottoman I left the room and heard the pop from just around the corner. He had fallen into the bookshelf. I had a sick feeling and told Kris we needed stitches before I even saw him. I was sad to see I was right. Blood everywhere and Keegan screaming like crazy! He had cut his head open good. Dad was able to help me clean him up and stop the bleeding for the most part. We met Grandma at the ER so that she could take Ayden and we made our first (probably not last) trip to the ER with Keegan. He was so upset at first when they put a bandage with medicine on his cut and then when it started to feel better he did not want to take the bandage off. We colored, drew pictures of what Keegan told us to including "The one pretty nurse who gave him a toy and the nurse that gave him colors." Such a flirt allready. He was tired and happy. The awesome Dr. came in a few times. Keegan was hesistant, but started playing peek a boo with him pulling his bandage down over his eyes and back up to his head. The nurses wrapped Keegan up and the Dr. numbed him up more and started stitching. Keegan screamed the whole time, but didn't fight at all. Kris stepped out and I just rubbed Keegans feet and tried to talk to him. I watched the first stitch and decided not to watch anymore. Usually it would interest me, but knowing it was my sweet Keegan made me a little qweezy. It didn't take long to stitch up and re bandage. Keegan said thank-you and took two suckers and a toy home. We told him we had to leave the binky there and so far so good. Keegan has been wearing the bandage around the house and milking it. He tries to be sad and says he has and owie, but can only hold out his bottom lip for so long before breaking into a big smile or laugh. He loves the fact that we are not bathing him and just giving him sponge baths by the sink. The Dr told us not to get it wet and I can't put Keegan in the tub with out him splashing, so he might get sponge baths for a week. He has fallen down twice and got one bloody lip since getting his stitches and we are trying to make sure he doesn't fall down and re injure his head. This is going to be a challenge. 
This is when we got home from the ER. He is exausted from all the screaming. The Dr. did say he had a great pair of lungs :)
This is when we got home from the ER. He is exausted from all the screaming. The Dr. did say he had a great pair of lungs :)
1 comment:
Poor Guy! He seemed to be milking it a little when I asked him what happened =) He's so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment