Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter fun

We have been doing a lot of fun things this winter. I have forgoten my camera more times than I would have liked. Christmas was so much fun this year and Ayden and Keegan were pleased with there presents. They both got giant cranes from Santa and so many other gifts. I recieved yet another kitchen appliance. I think I may recieve one every year as a joke since the only thing I DID NOT WANT was a kitchen appliance :). Dad got a few games for the WII and a weather station with a reciever that is not waterproof- What?. I guess I should have read things a little closer when I was doing my online shopping, which is the only kind of shopping to do when you have a 4 year old and a 1 year old.
Ayden is a "Ski Machine" and loves making pizzas and french fries down the hill, but mostly pizzas. He is so in control it is funny. Kris is so patient with him and a great teacher. Other kids will flail down the hill, but not Ayden. He makes sure he is in control at all times and I know his little legs have got to be burning when he gets to the bottom of the hill. This is probably why we only make a couple of runs and stop to take "little breaks" on the way down. I have only been a couple of times with him and I will say I am a nervous wreck the whole time. I know Ayden doesn't pay attention to other skiiers and Kris can not see some things going on around him, but I see every out of control skier on the hill and found myself yelling a few times to Kris and Ayden to watch out as these people were coming down. I could have gone today with Ayden but I don't think I could have handled it I need someone in front of him and behind him when I go.
Ayden loves primary so much and listens so well. He told me one Sunday afternoon if I were to loose him I should just call on God. He then told a story of a lost boy. His dad went to find him and couldn't he called on God and then he found him. Later in the week I came home to find Ayden and Kris praying to find Aydens remote to his rc car. He found it and then thanked heavely father for sending his remote down to him. I hope I have the faith that he has.
Ayden and Kris were watching Stevie Wonder on TV. Kris told Ayden that Stevie was Blind. Ayden looked at Kris and said "Your blind too dad." I guess he has heard that a few times. We will explain that one when he gets a little older. In the meantime I need to find answers to questions kids ask, because questions that I have been able to avoid or change the subject after he has asked them are being asked again and a correct answer is being insisted. Such as "Mom what are those two bumps," I told him to ask Grandma. Apparantly Kris asked questions when he was young and I am sure his mom had to answer them so maybee she allready has the answers. I will try to be better prepared next time as well.

I think Keegan might have hit the wonderful two's a few months early. He is so dang cute. Kris says he got an extra dose of cute since he has a extra dose of other things too. Kris always says Keegan is just like me. I asked him If I had an extra dose of cute too. He said "trick question." I think I may have just got the extra dose of other things. I am trying to use positive reinforcement and slipped and called him trouble one day. Then I quickly said,"you are the best boy ever." He then repliled "nope I trouble." Today he ran around naked for over an hour I could not physically get him dressed. I finally did and now his onsie could fit three kofoed heads through the head hole, because he stretched it so much trying to pull it off. He loves his brother so much and is so cuddly. He always wants to know where Ayden is at. I really really love his extra doses of cute and they make me forget about all the other things. It is amazing how quick I can forget.

I had strep throat for a few days and my kids were the best. Ayden was so helpful and Keegan played so good with Ayden so for a reward and to get out of the house we went to the fun park.
When we opened the doors to the park the smell of B.O. was so bad we decided to go next door and try bowling. It was really fun and we put up the bumpers and used some things to help the kids. I was the only one who used the bumper. I do not have bowling skills at all but I do get some credit for remembering the camera. Kris has some serious style and skills (picture below). The kids scored really good and Ayden even got a strike. Keegan was so good at taking turns and didn't understand why you got two turns and then switched.
Keegan wanted to do everything by himself
Ayden giving a little lean to try to get the last pin.
My husband is a bowler.

We played a few of the arcade games on the way out.
We finished our fun night by going to the mall and having some pretzels at the pretzel maker and playing on the playground there. I love playing with my family.

1 comment:

Megan Maughan said...

Sounds like fun! Keegan is so cute! He makes me laugh! And Ayden is so smart! You have such a cute little family! So glad I get to be around those cute little guys =)