So This year our summer would not have been a summer without a awesome family vacation. We went to a hotel with a water park, the Hogle Zoo, The Children's Museum, and Chucky Cheeses. It was so fun to spend a couple of days with nothing to do but play and be with my family. Keegan started off definitely not too fond of the hotel and would stand by the door waiting to leave. Ayden loved it from the get go. We started off swimming in the water park at the hotel. It was so much fun. Keegan and I froze and dad and Ayden played. By the end of the vacation and three trips to the pool Ayden had figured out his life jacket and was swimming all by himself. We are so proud of him. Keegan was not scarred of anything (as usuall) and also tried to get in and out of pools by himself. The next morning we went to zoo. It was super hot and lots of fun. Keegan said WOW quite a few times and Aydens favorite zoo animal is the baby penguin. Ayden rode on the carousel and loved the bird show and the train. Keegan loved to run and watch the animals. He did not like being confined to watching a bird show or the train. Friday morning we got a late check out at the hotel, swam some more, and then headed to the park for lunch and the children's museum. Ayden and Keegan both loved the children's museum. Ayden went to a class and made snow and Keegan got soaked playing in the water. There was a helicopter on the roof at the museum and It sounded like it was going to take off. I told Ayden it might and you can tell from the picture he didn't like that. I told him it really wasn't going to and then he was ok. Chucky cheeses was the last adventure We had a blast. I won the football game 260 yards yeah! Kris came awful close, nice try honey. I let him win the basketball game so he wouldn't feel as bad but kept it very close so he didn't know I was letting him win :) We are not very competitive. Ayden mostly liked riding the rides so me and Kris won some tickets to get him two awesome sweat bands and a hammer. Keegan just liked doing whatever Ayden did.
Poor Keegan was Car sick the whole way home and we realized again why we both wanted a vehicle with leather seats.
The next day I raced in the biathlon. The rain and wind made it pretty difficult but overall I was happy with my time. The boys showed up at the end to congratulate me and get me some blankets to get warm. We had an excellent weekend together and relaxed Saturday evening and Sunday.
1 comment:
Looks like it was a fun little family get away. Your boys are getting so big, and cuter every day.
Post a Comment